Conference 2019 Venue
The conference is organised at the Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia in Tallinn.
Other hotels are within 15 minutes walk from the conference venue:
- Swissôtel Tallinn (6')
- Radisson Blu Sky Hotel (7')
- Tallink City Hotel (12')
- Original Sokos Hotel Viru (13')
Tallinn International Lennart Meri Airport is at 3 km from the venue, approx. 20' by bus. Click HERE for the suggested itinerary. Different options to reach the venue from the airport are described below:
- Tram Nº 4 (direction to "Tondi"). The easiest way is to take a tram. The tram stops close to waiting hall of the venue and leaves every 10 minutes. Ticket from driver costs 2 euros (cash only). You leave the tram at 9th stop which is called “Paberi“, go a little back up to the crossroad and turn to the right, cross the tramway and the street and continue straight on to the hotel on your left.
- Bus Nº 2 (direction to "Reisisadam"). Bus stop is close to the tram stop and it runs 3 times in an hour. The stop to step out is the 5th one named "Tornimäe", go a little back up to the crossroad and turn to the right, cross the tramway and the street and continue straight on to the hotel on your left.
- Taxi. About 10' to drive but in rush hours (16:00-18:00) can be up to 20'. Payments with bank card or cash. The airport recommends its taxi partners (Tulika Takso, Tallink Takso, Airport Taxi and Tulika Premium) waiting at the official taxi park of the airport in front of the terminal doors. The taxi ride to the hotel should cost depending on taxi and time around 10 euros. Who is used to Uber or Taxify taxi, these are also available in Tallinn.
The official language is Estonian, but quite well it is possible to manage in English, especially with younger people.
The currency is Euro. Credit cards are generally accepted.
The current voltage is 230 volts, type F electrical plug.
Local time: GMT +2
Local emergency number: 112
Average temperature in Tallinn in June is 14°C. This may, however, vary a lot although snow is much rarer than 25ºC and sunny sky in June! To check the current weather forecast: https://weather.ee.
From the Town Hall Square to St. Olav’s Church, Tallinn exhibits wonderful cultural sites and has many to offer to the visitors. HERE is a list of recommended places to see. Enjoy your stay at Tallinn!